What parent wouldn’t want their kiddos to join a book club that’s fun, free, and offers rewards?! For this reason, I was super excited to hear about the new Barnes & Noble Kids' Club.
As members of this free club, your kids (ages 12 and under) will snag the following…
* 30% off the list price on any one kids’ book or toy (this 30% off coupon will be sent via email).
* $5 reward for every $100 you spend on kids’ stuff online and in stores (qualifying products include most children’s books, toys, games, puzzles and workbooks); you can receive up to 4 rewards every year.
* Special Birthday Offer: You’ll receive a coupon via email for a FREE cupcake or cookie from the Barnes & Noble Café that you can use anytime during your child’s birthday weeks, and a FREE create–a–book project on Tikatok.com (their partner website that allows children to create their own books).
* Every month, you’ll receive an email newsletter with additional offers and savings. Just for signing up, you’ll be able to get 25% off every day on Tikatok.com.
**To join the Kids’ Club, fill out an enrollment form at your local store and then hand your completed form to a bookseller. You can also sign up for the program online by clicking the “FREE! Join Now!” button here. Your loyalty card will arrive approximately 10 days after it is requested.
Are you an 8-12 year old who loves to read and share their opinions? If so, consider signing up for the Bella Books Young Reviewers Circle. Bella Books is looking for young readers to share their thoughts about The Sword of Darrow (a book that is set to be released next year) and what you’d like to see in the sequel to make it even better than the first.
Here’s what kids who participate will receive…
* A special, personalized pre-release edition of the magical new children’s book, The Sword of Darrow
* An official BenBella Books Young Reviewers Circle membership certificate
* A signed copy of The Sword of Darrow when it’s officially released next year.
* Their name, actually printed in the book, recognizing them as a member of the BenBella Books Young Reviewers Circle.
Sounds pretty cool!
Click here for more information!
Ready to sign up?! All you need to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your child’s name and mailing address to send the book. Parents, please help with the sign up process! Kiddos, be sure to ask before you sign up! Have fun and let me know if you participate by leaving a comment below...
Lydia Lewis, seated, is a 3rd grade teacher at OIS. Mrs. Lewis and her students raised the most money during the book fair through the One for Books program. Local Super Heroes were honored at a celebration breakfast for Mrs. Lewis' class. Local heroes were, standing, from left, Jenny Seals, Gary Hanner, Bob Talley, Mike McCullars, Ralph Glover, Robert Sutton, Adam Pardue, Buck Christian and Constance Seymour.
Click here to see this article in its entirety. We're so proud of our students, teachers AND local heroes. Thank you for helping to make our book fair a success!!
The OIS Fall Book Fair was $1 away from surpassing the school's all time book fair record! In 2008, the school sold over $6,000 in books and that was with 500 students. THIS YEAR, the school sold over $6,000 in books with an enrollment of approximately 325 students. THANK YOU to the parents, students, teachers and community of Odenville for supporting us in helping to raise funds for our school library!
Target has a GREAT program where they want YOU to pledge time to read with a child...your child, ANY child. Read at home, read at work, read at school, volunteer. It makes all the difference in the world when a child sees YOU reading. So, turn off the TV and pick up a book. For each pledge, Target will donate a book to children in need.
Go here to make your pledge and see Target's book suggestions, reading tips and commitment to reading. You'll be glad you did!