7/14/2010

Book Review: Nim at Sea

nim at sea


Have you seen the movie, Nim's Island? If you have, I'd love to know what you think about it! If you haven't seen it yet, you can go to the link above to learn more about it - then run out and rent it!! You can also do some cool things like build your own island and explore Nim's Island. I'll admit, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I DID just finish reading Nim at Sea - and it was great! Nim at Sea is the companion or sequel to Nim's Island. If you enjoyed the movie, you should definitely check out this book from your local library this summer. It's perfect reading material for the summer months - fun, friends and lots of island sun! So, I'm doing things a bit backwards by reading this book first, but now...I have to go rent the movie!! I would love to know your favorite character in the movie - did you like it? Give me some advice!

My personal opinion of Nim at Sea? Well, it has LOTS of action, cute monkeys (well, in my head I pictured them as being cute!) and let's just say - it starts off with a great theme from the beginning. In chapter one, Alex and Nim are separated. Soon after, Nim experiences city life for the first time...where she definitely feels a bit out of place to say the least!! So...you will DEFINITELY want to read it to see what happens. Let me know what you think!

Check out the following interviews from participants in the movie. Fun stuff! :)

Abigail Breslin

Katie Brock

Dircetors Mark Levin & Jennifer Flackett

Gerald Butler

Jodie Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment